Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment has helped millions of people worldwide gain insights about themselves and how they interact with others—and improve how they communicate, learn, and work. It provides a powerful framework for building better relationships, driving positive change, harnessing innovation, and achieving excellence. The MBTI assessment makes Carl Jung’s theory of psychological type both understandable and highly practical by helping individuals identify their preferences in four areas (see graphic below).
The MBTI® personality inventory has a wide range of applications to enable growth and development within organisations. These include team building, conflict management, retention, and leadership, career transitions and coaching.
Respondents: Directors, Senior Managers, Experienced Managers, Supervisors, Professionals, Entry-level
How It Helps?
- Team development—helps ease communication among team members, identify team strengths and weaknesses, and create action plans for improved performance
- Leadership development—deepens leaders’ understanding of their personality type and the types of those they are leading to help them manage better, give more meaningful feedback, and improve individual and team performance
- Conflict management—improves skills in identifying sources of conflict and intervening early to prevent under performance, disruption, and disengagement
- Stress management—builds resilience, increases productivity, and offers strategies for identifying and managing stress triggers
- Career transition and planning—helps guide individuals on career choice, development, and management
The MBTI® instrument generates a wide range of online and paper reports that can be customized per your need and budget. For your understanding, a complete list of reports and their uses are provided below.
MBTI® Interpretive Report:
Offers a concise yet detailed interpretation of a client’s results.
MBTI® Interpretive Report for Organizations:
Explores leadership and communication styles based on MBTI® results. Download
Provides the assessment and an interactive interpretation session in one online package.
Why It’s Popular ?
The Myers-Briggs assessment is the world’s most trusted personality assessment:
- Easy to grasp, insightful, and thought provoking
- Reliable and valid, backed by ongoing global research and development investment
- Highly flexible in terms of administration options and applications
- Available in 20+ languages—with new translations in the pipeline and with culturally appropriate norms for each country for which a translation is available
- Backed by excellent support and guidance through CPP’s global distributor network