It can be argued that every single person involuntarily engages in some degree of self-deception. We have distorted ideas of self-worth which lead to internal justification of our actions. Sometimes it surfaces in the form of a heightened sense of self-importance; or more commonly self-obsessiveness which leads to insensitivity towards others. It’s like being stuck in a box – we become blind to what’s really going on. It can be observed that self-deception is more common among people in leadership roles. Business leaders have power, influence, and in most cases, more experience – a combination of elements that could make them justify and perhaps even overlook their actions.
Self-awareness, then, is the capacity for introspection and the ability to recognize oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals. Its about having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. Self Awareness allows you to understand other people, how they perceive you, your attitude and your responses to them in the moment. It allows you to see where your thoughts and emotions are taking you. It also allows you to take control of your emotions, behavior, and personality so you can make changes you want.
This program provides a transformational, educational journey, both personally and professionally, based on the exploration of the dynamics of individual and organisational learning.
- Understanding one’s own self to become a better leader
- Handling emotions of self and others
- Exploring SWOT and Johari Window
- Appreciating difference in value sets
- Heightening self- awareness for personal and professional development
- Understanding one’s own strengths and weaknesses
- Negating self-deception
- Apply learning in personal as well as professional life
- More mindful in your interactions with others
- Stop Emotional Reactions
- Change Core Beliefs
- Block out the obsessing critique in your Head
- Develop Communication and Respect in Your Relationships
- Top management
- Managers – (All Levels)
- Team leaders
- Emerging leaders