Conflict is an inevitable part of life. Almost, it’s hard to avoid conflict entirely – whether in our personal lives -and especially in the workplace. Especially, Conflict management is the process of limiting the negative aspects of conflict while increasing the positive outcomes of conflict. Probably, there are many desirable outcomes that may emanate if a conflict is effectively addressed; like increased understanding, improved cohesion among teams, and increased self-awareness. While it may be strange to fathom, eliminating conflict altogether causes its own set of problems like poor involvement, no diversity of opinion etc. Therefore ‘managing’ conflict is a dynamic process and a critical behavior of any organization.
While People at work encounter different kinds of conflict and have a preferred conflict management style. Since, Effective conflict management builds on people’s natural styles by adding the essential qualities like flexibility of approach, which in turn needs a clear understanding of what constitutes a conflict. Especially, Accommodating the views and opinions of different stakeholders, for instance, is a crucial part of conflict management as it is a dynamic process and not a one-dimensional one. Probably, conflict management also calls on using multiple approaches to deal with a conflict situation. Because this program is designed to help participants develop a structured and flexible approach to resolving conflicts.
- Understanding the dynamics of conflict
- Understand the process of handling conflict
- Assess one's natural and dominant style of handling conflict.
- Adopt a dynamic approach to handle conflict effectively.
- Especially, Learn how to separate people from facts
- Develop the attitude to receive feedback without being “defensive”
- Examining the interest-based relationship (IBR) approach
- Understanding the role of emotional intelligence in solving conflicts
- Identify triggers to conflict
- Understanding the role of empathetic listening in managing conflict
- Limit the damage of conflict
- Creating an environment of trust and harmony
- Moderating reasonable dialogue
- Negotiating with the stakeholders to find a win-win solution
- Implement a flexible approach to conflict management
- Exercise controlled assertiveness during conflict
- Utilize a variety of methods for managing conflict successfully
Managers (All Level and Functions)